Arriving at Anthrocon 2009

We had a long drive to Anthrocon 2009. It took us through some streets with many traffic lights. However we got lucky and MapQuest sent us down a path that got us into Pittsburgh quickly. I knew we were in the right place when I saw a fellow con attendee in full suit on the side of the road.

After checking into the hotel, we spotted a feline in suit on our floor. I said, "Hi there." The cat did not speak. However she waived her approval to us. That was my first experience with a furry phenomenon. Some of them do not speak. Will have to inquire about this tomorrow.

I thought I had a good setup. Our hotel is right next to the convention center. However this is a huge convention center. We went to the first door and walked in. All I saw was a dude screaming into a cell phone. We waited for the elevator as this deaf juvenile kept barking out dialog to the phone. The elevator doors took their time in opening. To be continued...