Creator of Wubbzy

Do you remember when I blogged about Bob Boyle, creator of the Wubbzy animated series? Well here is a picture of him giving me his autograph. I was surprised at the low turnout at the talk he gave. Bob was, after all, one of the three guests at the Anthrocon 2009 conference.

Bob shared some of his personal experiences with us in a candid way. He said he initially wanted to be a football player. However due to size limitations, he needed to find a different career. Bob said that success did not come easy for him. After moving to both New York and LA to make a career, he ended up being a bellhop. Ouch.

Luckily perseverance paid off for Bob. He has a lot of successful experiences under his belt. Initially I only knew of his Wubbzy creation. If you ever get the chance to hear Bob talk, I recommend it highly. He is funny. And even the story of how Wubbzy got to the screen is a complicated affair.